The Importance of an Oil-Control Face Mask


I tweeted a while ago about Lush's Brazened Honey Face Mask I picked up for free (their recycling program has its benefits! Just bring back 5 empty Lush pots for a free face mask. No promo, guys haha).

The girl at the counter was super helpful, just as any Lush employee is really, and recommended that I try out the Brazened Honey Face Mask to combat my oily skin. She said she hadn't tried it herself but apparently, she had people come back and ask to buy it in bulk!

My current skincare is almost running out, and I know I'll need a whole new regime in a couple of weeks. After trying this and having it work so well on my skin, you guys wanted me to do a proper review on it!

So here's why every oily skin gal (or guy!) needs an oil-control face mask:

product review: LUSH BRAZENED HONEY FRESH FACE MASK

IT DETOXES YOUR SKIN

I found that this face mask really detoxed and cleaned out my pores, getting deep to remove any leftover dirt that was sitting on my face. After removing the build-up, my skin absorbed serum and moisturizer so much quicker, leaving my skin feeling actually moisturized and supple. The only downside is that this mask is STRONG. If you have sensitive skin, it's probably a good idea to give a pass on this. Although I don't have sensitive skin, and I could still feel the warm, tingling, almost burning sensation. This might be because of the fresh ginger root?

LESS GREASE

Sometimes after a long day out, my forehead, eyelids, and areas around my nose and temples get super oily. After using this religiously every 3 or 4 days, these areas had significantly less oil at the end of the day. Because it's not greasy, you might expect it to be extremely drying, but it's really not! You could tell that it's careful not to strip your skin of its natural moisture, and the lemon and honey really help to balance everything out.

Less oil + less powder trying to cover it up = less build up = balanced skin! (theoretically)

OTHER

I noticed that my skin looked smoother, with a soft glow after a few uses. I'm not the biggest fan of the smell, but it's not that strong and can't be noticed once it's been applied to the skin.

Which Lush face masks have you tried before?

What's your skin type?

LUSH BRAZENED HONEY FACE MASK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top